Can't Say Mormon
Timeline Of Events
- [April 1990] - Then Elder Russel M. Nelson gives a talk "Thus Shall My
Church Be Called" emphasizing the full name of the LDS Church, even
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- [October 1990] - President Gordon B. Hinckley states that it's okay to use
the term Mormon as it means More Good, in a talk titled "Mormon Should
Mean 'More Good'."
-  - Mormon.org launches.
- [July 2010] - I'm a Mormon Campaign kicks off, where members of the LDS
church are encouraged to create a profile on Mormon.org titled "I'm a
- [October 2014] - Mormon Newsroom publishes an article titled "Mormonism
101: What is Mormonism?"
- [August 2018] - Now President Russel M. Nelson reaffirms the name of the
church saying it's been impressed upon his mind to no longer use the
term Mormon when referring to the church or members of the church as
it is a victory for Satan.
- [March 2019] - LDS Church changes domain names for mormong.org and lds.org
to ComeUntoChrist.org and ChurchofJesusChrist.org respectively.
Changes to mormonnewsroom.org and ldschurchnews.com also undergo
- [January 2020] - LDS Church changes Handbooks 1 and 2, discontinuing them
and announcing a new handbook which combines both 1 and 2 together for
all to read. The use of the word Mormon is discontinued in the handbook,
as well as other wording changes throughout.